Mackay Doula Services
Are you ready to take control of your birth and invest in one of the best days of your life?
Let’s Doula This!
The Birth Support Package
Do you feel like you know exactly what you want, but feel you would benefit the support of a doula during the final weeks of pregnancy and during your birth? The Birth Support Package is tailored to suit individuals who have a strong sense of their desired birth direction, but want more support in their corner during their labour and birth. I am on call for you from 37 weeks onwards, and I will be there for you physically and emotionally as you ride the waves of birth. This package comes with a Birth Intentions Planning Session so I have a strong understanding of your plan, as well as a Birth Debrief Session to discuss your birth experience.
- 1x Approximately two hour prenatal session to go over your birth plan and discuss your needs from me during labour and what your hoping to get out of my support.
- Kiah on call from 37 weeks to attend your birth.
- Unlimited text, email and phone support from 37 weeks to debrief and discuss appointments, hopes, hesitations, fears etc.
- As your doula, coming to your home in early labour, attending the hospital or birth centre with you and offering physical and emotional labour support. Helping to set up your birth space and create your ideal environment.
- 1 x approximately one hour birth debrief session once baby is earth-side. Goody bag that includes affirmation cards, birth resources and discounts to local businesses.
The Full Circle Doula Package
The Full Circle Doula Package is for individuals seeking an all encompassing doula package, with support in pregnancy, during birth and into the postpartum period. I will assist you emotionally, educationally and physically through all stages of your journey. Once you’re booking is secured you have 24/7 support via phone, message or email. Over several sessions and meet ups we will go over all aspects of birth and postpartum. I will be on call for you from 37 weeks, attend your birth and visit you to offer any and all types of assistance in the postpartum period.
- 3 x Approximately two hour prenatal sessions to discuss and prepare you mentally and emotionally for labour, birth and postpartum. This includes:
– 1x Birth education, fears release, and previous births debrief session
– 1x Birth intentions planning and pain management techniques session
– 1x Postpartum planning session
- 3 x Coffee and chat catch ups to tap in to how you are feeling leading up to your birth, how your appointments are going and any changes or issues you’re experiencing.
- Unlimited text, email and phone support for you to debrief and discuss appointments, hopes, hesitations, fears. This support begins as soon as the package is booked.
- Kiah on call from 37 weeks to attend your birth.
- As your doula, coming to your home in early labour, attending the hospital or birth centre with you and offering physical and emotional labour support.
- Helping to set up your birth space and create your ideal environment. 2x Approximately three hour postpartum session for birth debrief and postnatal care (this care looks different for everyone).
- Goody bag that includes affirmation cards, birth resources and discounts to local businesses.
- Completed but customisable birth intentions plan.
- Resources to aid and support your labour, birth and postpartum preparations.
The Postpartum Package
This package is for individuals who want support during their postpartum, but do not feel they require support during pregnancy or birth. I will assist in the preparations for postpartum, and be there in the postpartum period to offer emotional and physical support.
- 1x Postpartum planning session (see session information in mini offerings)
- 3x approximately three hour visit helping to meet your postpartum needs. Debriefing your birth, and discussing your emotions and feelings around your experience.
- Helping emotionally with anything adding additional stress such a breastfeeding complications, birth recovery etc.
- Holding baby while parents shower/eat/sleep.
- Washing dishes, changing sheets, preparing food, nourishing parents. Playing with and holding space for siblings as they adjust to a new family member.
While having friends and family help during the postpartum period can work well, some individuals find it difficult asking guests to help, or they find the guests are really only interested in the baby. As your postpartum doula, I am not a guest, but paid help, which takes away the awkwardness of asking me to assist in whatever way helps you best.
Mini offerings can work well as a one off service, or can be purchased together to create a custom package. Discounts apply when multiple sessions are booked together. These sessions can done in person or via Zoom (excluding the postpartum visit). Travel further than 30 minutes from Mackay City with incur a small travel fee.
Postpartum Planning Session
Planning and preparation for postpartum success. The postpartum period can often be overlooked in the excitement and planning for birth and baby, but preparation for your postpartum is just as important. To ensure your transition to parenthood (or the growing of your family) to be as smooth and comfortable as possible. We discuss boundary setting, breastfeeding, newborn sleep, the fourth trimester, baby-wearing as well as various tools that can help limit stress and maximise time spent healing and bonding.
A visit during postpartum to offer support for you and your family. Postpartum work is fluid and looks different for everyone. I’ll bring my basket of nourishing treats, tinctures and teas and will offer support that is personalised to what you need. Whether your baby is 2 days, 2 months or two years, I can support you in whatever capacity you need. I can clean, wash dishes, hold baby so you can rest or shower, I can support you physically and emotionally, becoming part of your village.